Have you registered at least one competitor for skillFRIDGE at The Worldskills UK Skill Show (NEC) this November 2016.
This is a unique free opportunity to showcase the young talent you have educated and trained within your training establishment
The employer, training provider or tutor can register as many competitors as they wish ; providing they are studying a recognised RAC qualification).
The younger the competitor the better, especially if they are aiming for international competitions where they could represent Team UK in international competitions – it may be worthwhile considering that at least they will gain experience and could re-enter in 2017.
It also gives the competitor an opportunity to fulfill numerous site work assessed activities for their NVQ portfolio.
To help you, we have copied the particular ‘Section 8.0’ from the WSUK rules; in respect of competitors eligible for international competitions if they are successful in national competitions.
The full extent of the WSUK rules can be found here:
Section 8.0 – Eligibility criteria for selection to WorldSkills Kazan, 2019
- a) To be considered for a place in Squad UK, working towards competing in WorldSkills Kazan 2019, a competitor must take part in the UK National Finals of a WorldSkills UK Competition. Not all skills competitions will lead to participation in an international WorldSkills Competition.
- b) Please refer to Worldskillsuk.org for a full list of eligible competitions.
- c) WorldSkills eligibility criteria states that competitors for WorldSkills Kazan 2019 must be born on or after 1 January 1997 for all skills apart from Mechatronics, Manufacturing Team Challenge and Aeronautical Engineering where competitors must be born on or after 1 January 1994.
- d) If a competitor is age eligible for Squad UK, WorldSkills UK also states that they must:
- Be a United Kingdom National or have been continuously resident in the UK for at least two years.
II. Have received their education and training in the UK and hold one or more relevant qualifications from a UK Awarding body.
Registration closes on 19th May , after which we will consider where to host the regional selection events in a cost effective manner for all.
We truly hope to see your training centre featured in this year’s competition.